What is Canadian Experience Class

What is the Canadian Experience Class

What Is The Canadian Experience Class

What is the Canadian Experience Class

The CEC is a permanent residence category for Canadians with qualified work experience. It was created for temporary foreign workers and foreign graduates with qualifying work experience in Canada.

Eligibility to apply for the Canadian Experience Class

The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) programme is suited for candidates with recent Canadian job experience who want to immigrate to Canada permanently. CEC is also one of the quickest paths to permanent residence in Canada, taking such little as 3 to 6 months to complete! CEC is controlled through the Express Entry system and ranks interested candidates using the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). Applicants with acceptable CRS scores will be invited to apply for permanent residency in Canada.

What is the minimum score for Canadian experience Class?

Minimum scores have now fallen from 467 to 447 in the five Canadian Experience Class (CEC) draws that have taken place since the outbreak of COVID-19 in Canada. The latest draw follows a May 13 draw aimed at Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) candidates that saw 529 candidates invited and a minimum CRS score of 718.

Minimum requirements for CEC

To be counted toward your CEC application, your 12-months of Canadian work experience must match the following criteria:

  • Be obtained in Canada within the 36 months preceding the submission of the computerized Application for Permanent Residence (eAPR).
  • Your job duties in Canada are classified as NOC Code Skill Level 0, A, or B.
  • Be legally gained and compensated for job experience in Canada.

Candidates who meet these criteria will be able to upload an Express Entry profile for the Canadian Experience Class programme. However, candidates should keep in mind that they should meet Canada’s minimum admission requirements. Certain criminal acts and medical problems may render an ineligible person entry into Canada.


The majority of individuals who receive permanent residence through the CEC are international students who graduate from a qualifying educational programme in Canada.

The following is the most usual approach for an international student to get Canadian permanent residence through the CEC:

  • Complete your educational programme at an approved learning institution in Canada.
  • Apply for a Post-Graduation Work Permit at IRCC (PGWP).
  • Obtain at least 1,560 hours of Canadian work experience in a NOC 0, A, or B job with your PGWP.
  • Take an IRCC-approved English or French language test and obtain the minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) standard (a CLB 7 for NOC 0 and A job experience and a CLB 8 for NOC 0 and A work experience).
  • Fill out the Express Entry form. If you are granted an invitation to apply, the IRCC will handle your permanent residence application within six months.

Language Adaptability

Citizenship and Immigration Canada allocates points depending on the capacity of the Foreign Skilled Worker application to exhibit high adaptation potential. In this category, the maximum number of issues awarded is ten (10). There are different combinations of the six possible adaptability elements, one of which is previous full-time work in Canada. Our full-service Canadian immigration law practice can assist you in achieving your immigration-related goals.

Adaptability Variables are intended to identify Citizenship and Immigration factors that may be expected to boost the ability of a Foreign Skilled Worker candidate to become economically established in Canada.

The language requirements for the CEC vary depending on the sort of job you have. You must meet the following requirements across all four abilities assessed by your language test (reading, writing, listening, and speaking):

  • If you work in a NOC skill level 0 or A employment, you must have a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of at least 7 across all four abilities.
  • If you work in a NOC skill level B job, you must have a CLB of at least 5 across all four abilities.


Only when you apply to come to Canada or at a point of entry will your admissibility be determined. Some individuals are not permitted to enter Canada. Under Canada’s Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, they are classified as “inadmissible” (IRPA).

Under IRPA, you can be deemed inadmissible, denied a visa, or denied entrance to Canada for a variety of reasons, including:

  • security
  • Violations of human or international rights
  • criminality organised crime
  • health reasons
  • financial considerations
  • misrepresentation
  • IRPA noncompliance or having an inadmissible family member

Documents for Express Entry

The documents listed below are required. As a result, all candidates would be required to furnish them. Applications filed without these papers would be considered deficient by the authorities and rejected. Following that, the rules will reimburse the money in full.

  • Certificates of Medical Examination and Police Confirmation (PCs)
  • Passport / Travel Document Bio Data Page Copies
  • Work Experience Documentation
  • The Proof of your funds

Documents for your application for PR

The following documents are mandatory for your profile to apply for PR successfully:

  • Passport
  • Education Credentials (ECA)
  • Evidence of Funds
  • The results of the Language Test
  • A letter of offer from a Canadian employer
  • Provincial Nomination Certificate or territorial nomination certificate
  • Divorce certificates or marriage certificates (if applicable)
  • Your unique reference number
  • Profile Number for Express Entry
  • Validation code for job seekers
  • Medical documentation
  • Photographs from Birth Certificates
  • Report of Police Verification
  • Previous employers’ letters of endorsement

Submit your profile for CEC

Your Express Entry profile has 60 days to be completed and submitted. You’ll have to start over if you don’t.

You may submit your profile online once you’ve completed it. If requested, our immigration professionals can determine which Express Entry immigration programme you are eligible for.,M \]





Our RCIC, Mr. Paul Abraham, has been a player in this particular aspect. Thus, he is the best person to guide you through the entire process. The PAIC team takes care of your immigration application from scratch till the end. Please visit our website for better guidance.

Recent Posts

All legal advice during the process are provided by the Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant. PAIC is an authorized agency of the RCIC. PAIC is not affiliated with the Canadian Government directly.

Terms | Privacy Policy


We've Helped Tens of Thousands Immigrate to Canada. Get Help Now!(Get Your PR Ready)