How to Study in Canada Without IELTS
How to Study in Canada Without IELTS
Are you yearning to study in Canada for your higher studies? Are you worried about the IELTS score to enter Canada to pursue higher education? Fret not, you can study in Canada without IELTS. With strategic moves made by the Canadian government to issue PR to aspiring candidates, Canada has become a sought-after country to re-locate to.
Canada is a booming economy with its education sector gaining outstanding visibility. To pursue higher studies in other countries, a candidate must prove his language calibre by appearing for IELTS, TOEFL. Presently Canada is permitting candidates to continue their higher education sans IELTS.
What is IELTS and Why is it required?
IELTS stands for The International English Language Testing System to assess a candidate’s English proficiency. This score is used by the immigration authorities and Universities to understand the level of English Language proficiency.
The IELTS is a profoundly known method and some alternatives are accepted by the authorities and the Universities. Some Universities accept the alternatives and others do not seek such assessment given some conditions. The alternatives accepted by some universities are TOEFL , CAEL , PTE , Duolingo or attending programs like the English Language Program before the commencement of the graduation program.
Therefore, it is possible to study in Canada without an IELTS score for admission, visa procedures and for career opportunities.
What Are The Alternatives For IELTS In 2021?
IELTS is construed to be one of the effort-taking assessments for language proficiency. It takes enormous effort to prepare and score the minimum marks required for qualification.
For the candidates who cannot produce an IELTS score as proof of language proficiency, universities in Canada accept alternatives for assessing their language skills.
- The score obtained in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL), Pearson English Language Test (PTE), Duolingo English tests, Canadian Test of English for scholars and Trainees (Can Test) is accepted.
- As another alternative, you may present proof of studying in an English medium institution for a period of four years.
- The programs offered by the University for English Language course can be taken up by the candidate as an alternative
- If the candidate is from an English speaking country then he is exempted from submission of IELTS score.
- A proof that the candidate has studied in a Canadian English Language School for a minimum tenure of 6 months.
Which Universities Do Not Require IELTS in 2021?
Although the Universities forgo IELTS score as an assessment criterion, adherence to the guidelines by the candidate is expected for successful admission to the program. The list of Universities that accept alternatives to the IELTS score.
- University of Saskatchewan
- Memorial University
- Cambrian University
- University of Winnipeg
- University of Regina
- Brock University
- Carleton University
- Concordia University
- Seneca College
- Okanagan College
University of Saskatchewan
With the language proficiency scores, the acceptance of application is likely to be high.
- TOEFL score is widely accepted as an alternative.
- The CAN TEST is taken into consideration.
- The University offers an English Language Training Program.
Memorial University, a research-intensive university, accepts applications of all ages from around the world.
- TOEFL score and CAN TEST score is accepted
- University’s Intensive English Program(IEP)
- CAEL assessment is accepted.
Cambrian University evaluates the language proficiency of the aspirant if the desired result is not achieved, the candidate will have to take up the English Language Program offered by the University.
- TOEFL, PTE and Duolingo English Test
University of Winnipeg
At the University of Winnipeg, the IELTS score is not mandatory. The University offers an English Language Program(ELP) which must be completed with the prescribed score. These programs are available both full-time and part-time and must be completed before the commencement of the course you opted for.
University of Regina
Here the option of alternatives to IELTS is galore. The candidates who cannot produce an IELTS score can apply to the University with TOEFL, Duolingo, CAEL scores.
With the IELTS score, one can gain admission to Brock University but it is not the only criterion. If you have completed the International Baccalaureate diploma, gaining admission is a cakewalk. Apart from the IELTS score, University accepts TOEFL, PTE, CAEL assessment, MELAB, YELT scores. For the international candidates, the University offers Brock Intensive English Language Program.
At Carleton University the aspirant must provide proof of pursuing studies for 3 years in an institution where English is the primary language of the country. The best alternative accepted by the university for the IELTS score is CAEL, PTE and TOEFL.
There are exemptions for a candidate from submitting an IELTS score if they have the following:
- The candidate must submit proof of having completed secondary or post-secondary education with English as the primary language or
- Completion of International Baccalaureate diploma in English literature with specified levels or
- The Intensive English Language Program(IELP) is offered by the University.
- The alternatives available are TOEFL, DET, CAEL, PTE, Cambridge Test(CAE, CPE).
Seneca University accepts candidate applications when they adhere to the following:
- The candidate must have completed an intensive English language program from a recognised institute or
- The candidate must have completed two years of study at an English-language academic institution.
- The alternatives for IELTS scores are TOEFL, PTE academic, Duolingo, CAEL, Cambridge English exams.
The programs offered by the University expect varying levels of language proficiency. The best alternative for the IELTS score is the Duolingo score.
Can I get a Study Visa Without IELTS in 2021?
Definitely, you can get a study permit in Canada without an IELTS score. Canada offers study permits to candidates who are willing to pursue higher education which is tagged along with a temporary resident visa.
For students pursuing Bachelors, Post Graduation or Ph. D are offered scholarships by the Canadian Government, Public universities, Private universities. With scholarships given to the aspirants and IELTS not a mandatory option in many universities, it is easy to apply and study in Canada without IELTS.
Our RCIC, Mr. Paul Abraham, has been a player in this particular aspect. Thus, he is the best person to guide you through the entire process. The PAIC team takes care of your immigration application from scratch till the end. Please visit our website for better guidance.
- Family Immigration To Canada
- Immigrate To Canada From Kenya
- Vaccines for COVID 19: Canada’s Vaccine Supply
- Apply for Permanent Residence: Express Entry
- Canada Immigration PR Process
- Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) For Express Entry
- Canadian Immigration through express entry
- Is It Easier To Immigrate To Canada Or Australia?
- How Many Economic Immigrants Come to Canada Each Year?
- 2 Years PG Diploma Courses In Canada
- How To Immigrate To Canada From India
- Six Selection Factors – Federal Skilled Worker Program (Express Entry)
- Benefits To Permanent Residents in Canada
- Canada Express Entry Latest Draw 2022
- Open The Gates For PGWP Canada