Ontario PNP International Students
Ontario PNP International Students
Ontario is the second-largest as well as the most sought after province for the students and remains the leading destination for newcomers in Canada. The province expects skilled professionals and prospective job seekers to fulfil the demand of the industry. The land promises job opportunities, high income, and a promising lifestyle for survival.
How Do I Apply Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)
Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program is a Provincial Nominee Program handled by the province of Ontario. OINP aims to attract immigrants from various nationals to join the workforce of Canada and enable an individual to get Canadian Permanent Residency (PR). Every year, the official PNP of Ontario conducts draws and invites the candidates by balancing out the workforce demand and supply.
Presently, the Ontario province expects the candidates to create a profile and register via Expression Of Interest to be eligible for Provincial Nominee Program. This newly found system has scoring criteria to find out the eligible candidates who suit the increasing labour market needs. They allocated points based on various criteria, such as an educational credential, age, language proficiency. Based on the points secured, they invite the top-scoring candidates to apply for Provincial Nomination.
The aspirant can choose one of the three categories if they will immigrate to Canada.
- Human Capital Category
- Employer Job offer category
- Business Category
OINP Employer Job Offer includes:
- Foreign Workers stream
- International students with a job offer
- In-demand skills
International Student Stream
The International student stream aims at the students overseas who have attained the Canadian education credential and have a job offer from an Ontario employer. International Student stream is a category under Employer Job offers streams of Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP). The province of Ontario conducts draws for Employer Job offers stream where the competent candidates get an invitation for further procedures. The candidates can directly apply for Permanent Residency through Immigration, Refugees, Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
For eligibility for the draw:
- An aspirant must have completed his education in Canada in the assigned institutions,
- Must have a job offer from the employer in Ontario and
- Must intend to move to the province by showing a vested interest in an asset acquisition.
Applicant Requirements For International Student Stream
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) is available for candidates living inside or outside Canada with an eligible job offer from an Ontario employer. The job offer must be under the National Occupation Classification (NOC) and categorised under “skilled Occupation” as Type/Level 0, A or B.
While applying for the OINP, apart from an eligible job offer, the student must submit a form that exhibits the competency of the employer. Upon approval from the Ontario Provincial Nominee Program, the candidate can apply for a Canadian Permanent Residence or work permit through IRCC.
- The candidate must have graduated from or should have met a time frame of a full-time degree or diploma program from a designated Canadian college. The time to complete a program is a minimum of 2 years on a full-time basis, or,
- a degree, diploma or certificate that takes at least one year to complete on a full-time basis and requires a complete degree as an admission requirement;
- Full-time study is corresponding to at least 15 hours of instruction per week during the academic year, including workplace training that is part of the studies. Part-time studies that are equivalent to one full-time academic year may also qualify.
- Apply within two years of completing their studies in a designated Canadian college or university;
- International students applying under this stream can submit an official letter from the academic institution. However, applicants must have met all degree, diploma or certificate requirements at the time of submission.
- The aspirant should have completed half of his course or the program while living and studying in Canada.
- The applicant should exhibit his interest to reside in the province by either owning property or proof of lease.
- Proof of holding residential status like work permit, study permit or a visitor record during the application period. If the applicant is on the verge of the expiry of the residential status, there is a preference for the candidate while nominating if he is eligible.
- If the job offer requires the candidate to hold a licence to perform his duties, then he must have a certificate, a licence issued by the authorised regulatory body.
Job Offer from Ontario Employer
- The candidate must have a job offer from an Ontario employer for a permanent position.
- They should list the job offer in the skilled occupation (Level/ Type 0, A, or B).
- The candidate pay scale should be higher than the low wage level for employment in the same region.
Ontario Provincial Nomination Program requirements
|Express Entry Profile||No|
|Connection to Province||No|
|Language Proficiency||No minimum|
|Level of Education|
|Work Experience||No minimum|
The International Student Category offers the three streams:
- International Students With a Job Offer Stream.
The foreign national candidate who has completed a 2-year degree program, or a diploma, is eligible to apply. If the course duration is a 1-year program, then he must have spent 2 years for the previous degree.
The candidate applying under this stream should have a valid job offer from a qualified employer.
- PhD. Graduate Stream.
The foreign national must have completed all the requirements of a PhD. from a publicly funded Ontario university. Unlike the other stream, the candidate need not have a job offer and the application procedures should be performed by themselves.
- Pilot International Masters Graduate Stream.
In this stream, the candidate should have completed a minimum of a year of their course duration. The criteria are the candidate should have savings, income to manage themselves, should have legal status and must live in Ontario for a minimum of a one-year period.
Ontario PNP Application Procedure
- The candidate must submit their profile through Expression Of Interest (EOI) through the e-filing portal for them to be nominated for an invitation.
- They give the eligible profiles points based on the points grid and the ranking of the candidates is done.
- Based on the ranking, they invite the candidates to apply during the draws.
- The candidate has 14 days to apply for nomination after the receipt of the invitation.
- Once the province approves the nomination, the candidate is selected for provincial nomination.
- After the provincial nomination, the candidate can apply for Canadian Permanent Residence.
They will invite candidates who are successfully nominated through the Ontario International Students stream to submit an official application for Canadian permanent residence. Recently conducted draw expects the candidate to secure a target of 66 and above to qualify for nomination.
Our RCIC, Mr. Paul Abraham, has been a player in this particular aspect. Thus, he is the best person to guide you through the entire process. The PAIC team takes care of your immigration application from scratch till the end. Please visit our website for better guidance.
- Minimum CRS Score For Canada PR 2022
- Total cost for Canada PR
- Move To Canada From UK
- Canada PR Step-by-Step Process
- Immigrate To Canada With Express Entry
- SOP For Canada Study Visa
- Canada PR From Saudi Arabia
- An Intro To RCIC Canada In Under 10 Minutes
- New to Canada Immigration? Here’s What You Need to Know
- A Step-By-Step Guide To How To Apply For Family Sponsorship Canada
- Step-By-Step On How To Apply For WES Assessment Canada Evaluation
- Moving To Canada From Australia
- Federal Skilled Worker Program – FSWP
- Canada Study Visa
- Canadian Permanent Residence VS Work Permit Visa