Canada Permanent Residence Program
Do You Need a Canada Permanent Residence (PR)?
The immigrant gets permanent residency in Canada through various pathways designed for skilled professionals. Upon receiving Canada PR, the candidate is entitled to 5-year multiple visas and should hold the PR status while travelling from another country to Canada.
The candidate will have to renew Canada’s Permanent Residency status when it is about to expire. Three years thereafter, the immigrant may apply for Canadian citizenship.
Permanent residency is a visa status and is not equivalent to Canadian citizenship. This Visa status is for immigrating to Canada permanently. There are many benefits to Canadian citizenship.
Yes, an immigrant may require a Permanent Residency to settle in Canada, as PR is a stepping stone to get citizenship in Canada.
Here Is A Quick Way To Solve The Canada PR Problem
Canada is an abode for many immigrants from across the world for better living, health and medical aspects, education, and infrastructure.
The procedure to immigrate to Canada permanently requires constant efforts and fulfilling other common criteria like education, work experience. Here are some quick points to ponder over to solve your worries over Canada PR.
Canada PR Calculator
To check your eligibility to apply for the Canada PR, you must be aware of your ranking score.
A comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) is a measure that values the calibre of the candidates and evaluates their profile based on varied factors like skills, education, language ability, work experience and other factors.
For the applicant to rank better, the Canada PR age limit is a significant factor. However, the candidate will lose points on age criteria if he is above 45 years.
The outcome based on the points achieved is the CRS score. As this score is the basis for ranking the profile of the candidate, the Canada PR cut-off is a crucial step and has greater emphasis. The CRS is upon a maximum score of 1200 points.
Canada PR IELTS
Well, to move permanently to Canada, there is another pathway. You are a student who would like to pursue your studies in Canada. For this land is booming in the education sector. There is a profusion of choices to enhance your educational background.
Several universities are taking students without IELTS scores. The alternatives accepted by some universities are TOEFL, CAEL, PTE, Duolingo or attending programs like the English Language Program before the commencement of the graduation program.
Canada PR Consultant
The candidate may take the services provided by the immigration consultant in situations where
- If you don’t want to waste your time filling the forms and documents or you might not understand the process.
- If you are applying through a complex immigration program.
- If you have records of crime in the past.
- If your application was previously rejected.
Canada PR Requirements
- There should be sufficient proof of funds for your stay in the country as well as to support your application.
- Educational credential assessment (ECA).
- Documents related to the translation of official application.
- Educational degrees and certificates
- Skills assessment test
- Language test results
How to get Canada PR
To immigrate to Canada permanently, there are two eligibility criteria.
- Your CRS score should be 67 points based on age, Education, Work Experience, language skills, adaptability, and the Canadian Job offer.
- The designation of the job in your work experience must be in the occupations list of Canada – National Occupational Classification (NOC). Once your eligibility is confirmed, your visa card procedure will begin.
Steps to apply for Canada PR
- Complete your Education credentials assessment (ECA)
- Get the required IELTS score or as listed.
- Create a profile for Express Entry and join the online pool.
- Submit your resume and profile to the job bank.
- Apply for the Provincial Nomination program.
- Receive your Invitation to Apply (ITA)
- Canada citizenship and immigration (CIC will conduct necessary medical and criminal background checks)
- Receive your confirmation of PR status.
- Keep passport ready for visa stamping.
General Mistakes People Make When Applying for Canada PR
- Incorrect filling or submission of incomplete application forms
Usually, application forms should be complete and honest. We must give correct details as required. If the application submitted is incomplete, it may get rejected.
- Failure to look for an immigration consultant
Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) is an authorized consultant and is registered by IRRCC. If the consultant is unreputed or a fake one, problems are bound to rise.
- Inappropriate selection of immigration pathways
When choosing the immigration program in the application, the applicant may select wrongly, as there are many active programs. RCIC may be of great help as they are aware of the multiple programs and may suggest the best that suits the need of the candidate.
- Soliciting help from an unlicensed immigration consultant
Refrain from taking help from unlicensed personnel as it may hamper your interest and chances of the application process going haywire. Do some research on registered and authorized consultants as it benefits the candidate.
Canada PR Draw
Every year, there will be several draws conducted by Canada to provide permanent residency to immigrants. After the closure of the borders, Canada’s focus is primarily on the people living in the country and are yet to receive their PR.
The candidate who is Invited to Apply for PR should get the score prescribed for the PR draw.
Canada PR for Parents
Canadian PR holders or the citizens can sponsor the stay of their parents or grandparents, which would eventually lead to awarding Permanent residency to Parents.
Benefits of Canada PR
- Helps the immigrant to bring his family.
- Quality and affordable education
- Excellent quality of healthcare system
- Greater chances of obtaining Canadian citizenship
- A place to showcase your innovation and kick start your business.
How To Get a Canadian Passport
A Candidate or an individual must be a Canadian citizen to get a Canadian passport.
These documents have to be submitted to get a Canadian passport
- Fill out an application form.
- Arrange for supporting documents.
- Signature of guarantor and references to validate your application.
- Pay the required fees and submit your application.
How Much Does It Cost To Become A Canadian Citizen?
The individual may have to pay the following fee while applying for Canadian Citizenship.
Citizenship Fees 2021
Citizenship Fee ($CAD)
Adult (18 and over): Processing fee ($530) and right of citizenship fee ($100)
Minor (under 18): Processing fee ($100)
Canada Investor Immigration Program
It is a general business program or investor visa program where the individual, along with other applicants, eventually can get Canada PR by investment.
Your business must provide jobs to Canadians, ingenious and must be global. If the organization funds your business, all the applicants must hold a respective share. Once you obtain the Canadian PR, the business will have to be incorporated in Canada and will function partly in Canada.
To settle permanently in Canada, you should have enough funds to settle in Canada along with your family.
How Do I Renew My Permanent Resident Card?
Most of the Canada Permanent Resident cards are valid for 5 years. If your card is about to expire in 9 months, apply for a new card.
The minimum criteria are:
- You must be a permanent resident
- You must reside in Canada while applying and submission of application for the renewal of PR.
Canada Citizenship By Marriage
Yes, one can become a Canadian citizen by marrying a Canadian. The Canadian citizen must sponsor the spouse. However, the couple has to prove the legitimacy of the marriage. Legitimate marriage can be proven by a Marriage certificate and photos. Check with an authorized consultant who can assist in the completion of formalities.
Why PAUL ABRAHAM IMMIGRATION CONSULTING?
At PAIC, we follow the authentic immigration process authorized by the federal govt. of Canada, under the guidance of our RCIC, Mr. Paul Gregory Abraham. We have a dedicated team of highly professional people who guide you throughout your immigration process. Mr. Paul has years of experience in the field of getting thousands of successful ITAs.