What is Express Entry?
The Express Entry system is a point-based system that is run by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship, Canada. It is meant for managing the applications of the skilled workers who are willing to become permanent residents of Canada. It is, by far, the quickest and easiest way to apply for a PR Visa to Canada.
How does Express Entry Work?
Express Entry Canada RequirementsThe Express Entry is an online portal for skilled and qualified immigrants under which the Federal Govt. of Canada ensures if the Candidate is eligible for the program. The eligible candidates’ applications are then sent to the express entry pool for further process. Your profile is ranked under the Express Entry pool according to the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). The CRS score is calculated based on certain factors that include:
- Language – Maximum 28 points. The points you are awarded are based on approved language testing results in English and/or French. Any candidate must score at least 6 points in each language category (speaking, listening, reading, and writing) in IELTS General if English is the primary language.
- Education – Maximum 25 points. The points you are awarded are based on the outcome of an approved education evaluation office in Canada.
- Work Experience – Maximum 15 points. The points you are awarded are based on your profession and the number of years you have been employed.
- Age – Maximum 12 points. Those applicants between the age of 18 and 35 receive the maximum points, with 1 point lost for each year past 35.
What is the process of applying through Express Entry?
The application through the Express Entry program is a straightforward process. Here’s the Canada Express Entry Process step by step:
1. Profile Competency Evaluation: The first step in the process is to check whether you’re eligible for the program or not; according to the eligibility criteria set by the IRCC post, you submit an Express Entry profile. Under this section, the Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) analyses the profile of the Candidate and suggests the best program suitable for him according to the profile evaluation report scores received by the Candidate based on the Canada Express Entry point calculator. The minimum score is 67 on a scale of 100, which is further calculated on the scale of 1200 points.
2. Documentation: The next step after the profile evaluation is to collect all the applicant’s necessary documents, which are required in the course of the application process. However, the Candidate must ensure that the documents submitted by the Candidate should be valid and authentic.
3. The Express Entry Pool: Once the submitted documents are checked and verified, the applicant’s profile is registered in the Express Entry Pool, wherein the Candidate’s profile remains active for one year. After that, the Candidate’s profile is shortlisted based on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). According to this, if the Candidate’s score is equal to or more than the prescribed CRS from the federal govt. of Canada, then s/he is likely to receive an ITA.
4. Invitation To Apply (ITA): If the Candidate is lucky enough to get selected by the Govt. of Canada, according to the scores obtained. The applicant then becomes eligible to receive an ITA. The invitations are issued to the applicants immediately after the RCIC performs a Canadian draw express entry from the EE pool.
5. Application for Permanent Residency (APR): Congratulations on making it to the ITA. Now you’re eligible to apply for the Permanent Residency status. However, you need to ensure that you will be given only 60 days to get all the documentation done and apply for the PR.
6. Visa Application: Once you’re done with all the formalities and documentation process, you can walk up to the Canadian embassy for the Visa application.
This was the Canada Express Entry Process step by step, and at every step, PAIC will serve you with its expertise.
What is the eligibility criteria for Express Entry?
There are various documents required which will be asked for in different phases of the process, but the minimum Canada Express Entry requirements are:
1. Federal Skilled Workers Program: The Federal Skilled Workers Program or FSWP is the leading immigration pathway for Canada. According to which, a candidate must have –
- At least one year of full-time paid work experience in the previous 10 years in a skilled occupation approved by the National Occupational Qualification skill level 0, A, or B
- Verified standard language ability in English or French.
- An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report, for the candidates who have completed their education outside Canada. Apart from all these requirements, the Candidate is supposed to score 67 points under this criteria for a successful Canada skilled migration process.
2. Canadian Experience Class: This one is mainly intended towards providing Permanent Resident status to the people who have Canadian Work Experience. Under CEC, a candidate must have a minimum of one year of skilled, professional, or technical work experience, anywhere in Canada under the 3 years of the application date.
3. Federal Skilled Trades Program: The FSTP is meant for the candidates who are willing to become permanent residents of Canada based on their skilled trade qualification. To be eligible for this program, the applicant should have acquired –
- 2 years of full-time work experience in a skilled trade in the past 5 years before applying.
- He/she must be proficient in English or French Language abilities.
- Have a full-time job offer from a Canadian Employer.
Why PAUL ABRAHAM IMMIGRATION CONSULTING?
At PAIC, we follow the authentic immigration process authorized by the federal govt. of Canada, under the guidance of our RCIC, Mr. Paul Gregory Abraham. We have a dedicated team of highly professional people who guide you throughout your immigration process. Mr. Paul has years of experience in the field of getting thousands of successful ITAs.