What is Intra-Company Transfer Program
The Intra-Company Transfer Program is best suited for entrepreneurs who already own a business in a country other than Canada and are willing to start or run a new business in Canada. This program enables the business owners to move to Canada and build a new business there.
How does the program work?
The entrepreneurs who are applying through the Intra Company Transfer program are supposed to consolidate their company in Canada and provide a comprehensive business plan that includes the financial estimates and a hiring plan. Also, his pre-existing business in the other country must have been in existence for at least the past 12 months. If the candidate can fulfill these conditions, he/she will be granted a 1-year work permit, which allows the candidate to work in Canada. The initial Intra Company Transfer Visa can be extended for 5-6 years if the candidate meets these criteria: Intra Company Transfer Requirements.
- Must possess an active business in the native country.
- Must maintain an active business in Canada.
- Must have an office in Canada.
- Must have at least one Canadian employee
What is Intra Company transfer visa duration?
The initial duration of an Intra Company Transfer Visa or work permit is generally 1 year as granted by the IRCC. However, the intra company transfer work permit can be renewed under the following conditions:
- There must be a qualifying relationship between the Canadian and foreign companies.
- The new office has the provision of goods and services for the previous year.
- The new office has employed the apt staff.
Who is eligible for the Intra company transfer program?
Here is the eligibility criterion for the people who can apply through the Intra company transfer program. The general intra-company transfer requirements for the business owners include:
- The Business owners who have been employed in a company abroad for a minimum of 12 months in the past 3 years.
- The managers who have been employed in a foreign company for a minimum 12 months in the past 3 years.
- The key workers who have been employed in a foreign company for minimum 12 months in the past 3 years.
Like all business immigration, this is a complex process with plenty of moving parts requiring a coordinated strategy and strong expertise from your immigration and business consultants, and we at PAIC excel in this domain.