What is Canada Startup Visa Program (CSUV) – Angel Investor?
Canada Start-up Visa Program is a pathway to the Canadian Permanent Residence for those people who are willing to launch a company in Canada. Under this program, the applicants are issued with PR to come to Canada, incorporate a company, and work on a start-up business concept in conjunction with a Canadian government-approved angel investor. The Canada Start-Up Visa Program was launched in 2013, and since then, 117 principal applicants have been successful for the Permanent Resident Status under this program.
Canada Start-Up Visa: Who can apply?
The Canada Start-up Visa Program’s main motive is to invite potential foreign nationals who can create new jobs and contribute to their economic growth.
Here is the eligibility criterion to qualify for the Canada Start-Up Visa Program –
- To be eligible for the CSUV, the language requirement includes moderate proficiency in English or French: CLB 5 or greater.
- Convince an angel investor to invest at least $75,000 in a start-up business.
- Incorporate a company and intend to develop a business concept or idea in conjunction with a confederation angel investor.
- Have a minimum of $750,000 in Net Worth (principal Applicant and spouse assets combined).
- Be between ages 20 and 65 years.
- Business ownership, management, or entrepreneurship experience would be an asset but is not required.
- 2+ years of post-secondary education would be an asset but is not required.
CSUV – Angel Investor has various advantages as it is one of the most trusted and opted for Canadian Business Program – Federal.
- 24-hour initial client screening upon completion and submission of the Applicant.
- Applicant qualifications are simple and straight forward.
- Applicant and all dependents receive Canadian Permanent Residence.
- Affordable fees of $5,000 at the start and $5,000 at the end of the process.
- Small initial payment of $40,000 upon preliminary approval and upon signing.
- A winning combination of Business Consultant & Immigration Expert works upon your case exclusively.
Confederation Professional Service Agreement
- Balance of payment only required after the Letter of Support has been issued by the angel investor.
- Fast federal processing is expected (9-12 months in most posts).
- Fewer virtual interviews and training than the Business Incubator stream.
- Flexible investor group composition (groups may be comprised of applicants from different geographic regions).
- Applicant will be a min. 10% shareholder in a company with at least $75,000 of investment capital from an angel investor and has strong growth potential.
- Applicant can live anywhere in Canada.
- Applicant can apply for a Work Permit to accelerate his/her move to Canada.
How to apply for Canada Start-Up Visa Program (CSUV)?
Applying through the Canada Start-Up Visa Program (CSUV) is a simple 5 step process, which is as follows:
- Your immigration consultant will submit to Confederation the Applicant Questionnaire for initial client acceptance in the first step.
- Post that, the confederation matches the Applicant with a designated Angel Investor.
- If the Applicant finds one, then the Angel investor should agree upon investing $75,000 in the Applicant’s business.
- The confederation receives a letter of support from the designated angel investor’s end in the next step.
- Finally, the confederation gives the Applicant the confirmation for the permanent residence and submits the application.
The Canada Startup VISA program for entrepreneurs is designed to attract world-wide entrepreneurs to help them get the support they need. The program not only helps run businesses but also looks into funding, creating jobs so that your business can compete on a GLOBAL scale. The Confederation Startup Visa program involves an easy and organized process that allows the Applicant to opt for the Permanent Resident status instantly.