How to check your immigration consultant is authorized
Posted On : December 14, 2021 8:14 am
Canada is a vast and diverse country. It is a unique and exciting place to live and work. It is also a very welcoming country, and millions of people want to immigrate here. But the process of immigrating to Canada can be complex and confusing. Immigrating to Canada with a consultant is one of the best ways to immigrate to Canada with a skilled worker. A good place to get started is with an immigration consultant. Many consultants are based online and can be contacted through websites. Many websites also have links to Canadian government resources. The consultants who are recommended by other sources may not be the most reliable.
What is CICC? CICC (Immigrant consultants of Canada regulatory council) is designed and authoritative by the government of Canada.
- The CICC sets professional and ethical standards for the field of immigration consultants.
- The CICC was established for the sole purpose of developing effective policies, practices, and procedures to regulate and educate immigration consultants.
- It also promotes authorized representatives who can help people who want to migrate to Canada.
- CICC is dedicated to regulating and promoting the benefits of using authorized representatives.
- Avoids immigration frauds.
Certified Canadian Immigration Consultant List An immigrant consultant who has been authorized and registered by CICC is referred to as RCIC (Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant). It is CICC that chooses the consultants basis on their potential to practice being a consultant. It maintains the registry of all registered consultants. Regulated international student immigration Advisor (RISA) is an international student advisor registered with CICC.
Should I Hire A Canadian Immigration Consultant? It is not mandatory to hire an immigrant consultant or a certified immigration lawyer to assist you and represent you in the process of Canadian immigration application. You can do it by yourself. You might require an Immigration Consultant only in these cases.
- If you don’t want to waste your time filling the forms and documents or do not understand the process not so confident enough to do it by yourself.
- If you are applying through a complex immigration program.
- If you have records of crime in the past.
- If your application has been rejected previously.
Certified Immigration Consultant With The CICC It is very important to process with a licensed immigration consultant who is authorized by CICC. The certified immigration consultants are members of CICC. It is the best way if you want to go through a fast, secure visa process. These consultants will assure the processing of your application is fool-proof, which means you have a lower chance of being rejected and reducing the processing time.
How to verify immigration consultant? The immigration consultant has to be a member of CICC as per the Immigration and refugee protection act and citizenship act of Canada. Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs) are licensed, immigration consultants. To avoid immigration fraud and look for a genuine immigration consultant, you can follow these steps.
1. CICC Registration To check for the Authenticity of the consultant and whether they are registered with CICC, you can just visit the CICC website https://college-ic.ca/protecting-the-public/find-an-immigration-consultant fill in their RCIC’s name, registration number, and their company name or location to find out whether they have an immigration professional page in it.
2. Not having a company email ID Make sure your consultant has a valid email id for his firm like xyz@companyname. And not a commonly used email ID from Gmail or Yahoo like firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Payment via chat apps A certified immigration consultant’s transactions will be foolproof. Payments are primarily communicated through email, and you will receive an acknowledgment of the payment. If the communication of the payments is done via chat apps like WhatsApp, with no acknowledgment given for your payment. Then stay away from those consultants.
4. Take a closer look at the website Beware of fraud websites of a fraud consultant. They might look impressive and attractive to you. Take a close look sometimes domain name may not be the same as the actual company name, they might not have provided contact information, and the no information of the company representative. Check for domain security. There might not be a padlock in the URL section.
5 . Attractive deals They are too-good-to-be-true deals that might attract you initially, like guaranteed entry to Canada with a high-paying job in a short processing time. The truth is that only the concerned immigration officers will decide who can enter Canada, depending on their application. Be very careful with whom you are dealing with a fraud. An immigration consultant can cost you peace of mind, money, and your career. Do proper research on immigration consultants before dealing with them. Be very careful with whom you are dealing with a fraud. An immigration consultant can cost you peace of mind, money, and your career. Do proper research on immigration consultants before dealing with them.
CICC registration A regulated CICC consultant undergoes rigorous training and has to qualify in many examinations before being able to practice this profession as a consultant. The RCIC is evaluated both in the way they conduct themselves and by complying with a set of codes of professional conduct. As per the federal law, if a person living in Canada or abroad is not registered with CICC, then it is illegal for him to offer service as an immigration consultant and charge a fee for the aspiring immigrants An individual who aspired to become a registered RCIC must first earn a graduate diploma in immigration and citizenship then pass the exam offered by CICC. Other requirements to qualify for the exam are:-
- The candidate should be at least 18 years.
- The candidate has to be a citizen of Canada, permanent resident, or a Registered (Status) Indian within the meaning of the Indian Act (Canada).
- The candidate should attain at least a minimum score on an CICC approved English/French proficiency test.
- Should provide satisfactory police certification of the past 6 months or longer.
- The candidate should be with a good background. Convince the registrar with his/her honourable conduct and excellent character.
- There should not be undischarged bankruptcy involved.
Conclusion Thus, a person who is registered as RCIC can be trusted for his quality service as the Canadian and provincial governments have approved him/her. Our RCIC, Mr. Paul Abraham, has been a player in this particular aspect. Thus, he is the best person to guide you through the entire process. The PAIC team takes care of your immigration application from scratch till the end. Please visit our website for better guidance.