Canada Spouse Visa Processing Time
Canada Spouse Visa Processing Time
Spouse Visa for Canada
Spousal sponsorship in Canada is how a Canadian citizen or permanent resident may nominate their spouse to come to Canada and live permanently. Fortunately, they realize how vital it is for people to be together in Canada. As a result, application for spousal sponsoring is given first consideration. Furthermore, you may also be able to sponsor a conjugal spouse if you are still unable to marry or dwell with your partner as common-law under certain conditions.
One must be in a committed relationship for at least a year but have been unable to live together or marry due to circumstances beyond your control to sponsor a partner.
And just like this, there is a lot to know about.
In this article on Canada Spouse Visa Processing Time 2022, our expert team has described everything you need to know about sponsoring your spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner to Canada.
Spouse Visa Canada | everything you should know
The Spouse Visa program allows Canadian citizens and legal residents to propose their common-law spouse or partner for permanent residence in Canada ahead of a visitor visa for Spouse (Canada). This visa category permits the spouse to travel to Canada, live, earn, and settle permanently if their partners sponsor them. Common-law unions are treated the same as traditional marriages under Canadian immigration law.
To be eligible under common-law sponsoring, you must demonstrate that you and your partner have lived together in a wedding relationship for a year or longer. Spousal sponsorship applications can be filed online through IRCC’s new permanent residency application.
Canada prioritizes spousal sponsorship. The government intends to accept 80,000 new immigrants each year in the Spousal, Partner, and Children category under the Immigration Levels Plan 2022-2024.
The average Canadian spouse visa processing time in 2022 is one year (12 months). Following the pandemic’s delays, Immigration Minister Sean Fraser has said that IRCC may now process new spousal registrations in 12 months. Canada has also developed a monitor system for spousal sponsorship candidates to follow the status of their applications.
Rules for spouse visa in Canada
- You must be 18 years old to sponsor your spouse in Canada.
- If you have a Canada PR and wish to represent your partner in Canada, you must be present in Canada during and after the Canada spouse visa decision.
- The sponsor should not be on social assistance for other than disability.
- To sponsor the Canada Spouse visa, you must demonstrate sufficient finances.
- The sponsor must pledge to support your spouse for some time financially. This period is called “promise an undertaking,” and the duration is the “length of the undertaking.” Please remember that you must make three-year support and commitment to a Canadian spouse visa.
- You must demonstrate that you have an ongoing and authentic engagement with your spouse.
- You and your spouse must be lawfully married. Please be advised that Citizenship and Immigration Canada no longer accepts proxy weddings performed outside Canada.
Documents Required For Spouse Visa Canada
- A Certified Copy Of Your Marriage Certificate
- Photographs For Passports
- All Legal Name Changes For Both You And Your Spouse Must Be Documented.
- A Certified Copy Of Your Birth Certificate Is Required.
- A Photocopy Of Your Current Passport
- A Photocopy Of Your Financial Records
- Statement From The Bank
- Proof Of Address
- Police Clearance Certificate Original Sponsorship Letter (If Applicable)
- If Applicable, Prior-Marriage Termination Paperwork
- If Appropriate, Court, Police, And Jail Records
- If Appropriate, Records Of Immigration Violations
How long does it take to obtain a Canadian spouse visa?
12 months approximately
Checklist for Spouse Visa Canada
In addition to the documents mentioned above, you would also be required to consider a LOE and Letter of Invitation Letter For Spouse Visa Canada. It is a simple signed letter welcoming your partner to the nation, and it shows that you are in a relationship with the person and know them well in Canada.
In any circumstance, the most crucial criteria is that the individual delivering the invitation letter be a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen. This letter of invitation will further prove to the Canadian Consulate why you proposed a Spouse Visa.
In some cases, applicants may be required to provide a Letter of Explanation for Spouse Visa Canada (LOE). This might be due to lacking documentation that could not be produced, an incoherence that drew the notice of the immigration official assessing your case, and so on.
The LoE is also your means of sharing with immigration authorities any additional details that are not on the submitted papers but that you believe are vital for them all to understand for your Spousal Sponsorship Canada.
You can better understand how to write the perfect LoE or any Immigration Information, even on anything from our experts on Canadian Immigration, to ensure your Spouse’s Sponsorship in Canada. Besides, the journey becomes more accessible and beautiful when you have a clear path.
Our RCIC, Mr. Paul Abraham, has been a player in this particular aspect. Thus, he is the best person to guide you through the entire process. The PAIC team takes care of your immigration application from scratch till the end. Please visit our website for better guidance.
- Minimum CRS Score For Canada PR 2022
- Total cost for Canada PR
- Move To Canada From UK
- Canada PR Step-by-Step Process
- Immigrate To Canada With Express Entry
- SOP For Canada Study Visa
- Canada PR From Saudi Arabia
- An Intro To RCIC Canada In Under 10 Minutes
- New to Canada Immigration? Here’s What You Need to Know
- A Step-By-Step Guide To How To Apply For Family Sponsorship Canada
- Step-By-Step On How To Apply For WES Assessment Canada Evaluation
- Moving To Canada From Australia
- Federal Skilled Worker Program – FSWP
- Canada Study Visa
- Canadian Permanent Residence VS Work Permit Visa
- Minimum IELTS Score To Get Canada PR In 2022
- Immigration To Canada From Jamaica
- How To Apply For Immigration To Canada From Lebanon
- How To Immigrate To Canada from Ukraine
- Immigrate To Canada From Romania
- Moving To Canada From The US
- Canada VS Australia: Which Country is better for Immigration?
- What is Canadian Experience Class
- IELTS For Canada PR
- Atlantic Immigration Program
- Why Users Leaving The Canadian Visa Process After A Few Steps?
- Canada Permanent Residence Vs Canada Express Entry
- 15 Essential Document List required for Canada PR
- How To Move To Canada From Sweden
- How to verify Canadian Immigration Consultant