How To Move To Canada with Canadian Experience Class

Posted On : Jun 26 , 2023 18:59:pm

Last Updated On : June 26 , 2023

The Canadian Experience Class is one of the economic immigration programs of the Express Entry system for getting Canadian permanent residency with qualified Canadian work experience. This economic program is mostly selected by International graduates and International skilled workers who have completed their campus training from a Canadian organization with qualifying work experience in Canada.

Eligibility to apply for the Canadian Experience Class

The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) program is suited for candidates with recent Canadian job experience who want to immigrate to Canada permanently. CEC is also one of Canada’s quickest paths to permanent residence, taking as little as 3 to 6 months to complete! CEC is controlled through the Express Entry system and ranks interested candidates using the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). Applicants with acceptable CRS scores will be invited to apply for permanent residency in Canada.

What is the minimum score for the Canadian Experience Class?

Minimum scores have now fallen from 467 to 447 in the five Canadian Experience Class (CEC) draws that have taken place since the outbreak of COVID-19 in Canada. The latest draw follows a May 13 draw aimed at Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) candidates that saw 529 candidates invited and a minimum CRS score of 718. The last CEC-specific draw was held on 14 September 2021, where 2000 Invitations to apply were sent to those with a CRS score higher than 462.

Minimum requirements for CEC

To be counted toward your CEC application, your 12 months of Canadian work experience must match the following criteria:
Be obtained in Canada within the 36 months before the computerized Application for Permanent Residence (PR) submission.
Your job duties in Canada are classified as NOC Broad Occupation Category 0 to 9.
Be legally gained and compensated for job experience in Canada. Candidates who meet these criteria can upload an Express Entry profile for the Canadian Experience Class program. However, candidates should remember to meet the Express Entry minimum entry criteria (MEC). Certain criminal acts and medical problems may render an ineligible person to enter Canada.


International students who come to Canada to complete their higher education and wants to settle permanently in Canada as permanent citizen choose the CEC program. The following are the most usual approach for an international student to get Canadian permanent residence through the CEC:
Complete your educational program at an approved learning institution in Canada.
Apply for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) at IRCC.
Obtain at least 1,560 hours of Canadian work experience in any of the 10 broad occupational categories with your PGWP.
Take an IRCC-approved English or French language test to obtain the minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) standard (a CLB 7 for NOC 0 and A job experience and a CLB 8 for NOC 0 and A work experience).
Fill out the Express Entry form. If you are granted an invitation to apply, the IRCC will handle your permanent residence application within six months.

Language Adaptability

Citizenship and Immigration Canada allocates points depending on the capacity of the Foreign Skilled Worker application to exhibit high adaptation potential. The maximum number of issues awarded in this category is ten (10). There are different combinations of the six possible adaptability elements, one of which is previous full-time work in Canada. Adaptability Variables are intended to identify Citizenship and Immigration factors that may be expected to boost the ability of a Foreign Skilled Worker candidate to become economically established in Canada. The language requirements for the CEC vary depending on the sort of job you have. You must meet the following requirements across all four abilities assessed by your language test ( writing, reading, speaking, and listening):
If you work in a Management occupation category, you must have a Canadian Language Benchmark score equal to or higher than 7 across all four abilities.
If you work in a trade-specific or manufacturing occupation, you must have a CLB of at least 5 across all four abilities.


Only when you apply to come to Canada or at a point of entry will your admissibility be determined. Some individuals are not permitted to enter Canada. Under Canada’s Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA), they are classified as “inadmissible”. Under IRPA, you can be deemed inadmissible, denied a visa, or denied entrance to Canada for a variety of reasons, including:
Violations of human or international rights
Criminality organized crime
Health reasons
Financial considerations
IRPA noncompliance or having an inadmissible family member

Documents for Express Entry

The documents listed below are required. As a result, all candidates would be required to furnish them. Applications filed with these papers would be considered sufficient by the authorities and accepted. Following that, the rules will reimburse the money in full.
Certificates of Medical Examination and Police Confirmation (PCs)
Passport / Travel Document Bio Data Page Copies
Work Experience Documentation
The Proof of your funds

Documents for your application for PR with CEC Program

The following documents are mandatory for your profile to apply for PR successfully:

Education Credentials (ECA)
Evidence of Funds
The Results of the Language Test
A letter of offer from a Canadian employer
Provincial Nomination Certificate or territorial nomination certificate
Divorce certificates or marriage certificates (if applicable)
Your unique reference number
Profile Number for Express Entry
Validation code for job seekers
Medical documentation
Photographs from Birth Certificates
Report of Police Verification
Previous employers’ letters of endorsement